ShinewayTech palmOTDR Series Handheld OTDR
The most affordable compact high performance OTDR on the market today!
Comprehensive fibre applications - ideal for LAN/WAN/FTTx certification & trouble-shooting
SM: 1310/1490/1550, 1625/1650nm (with filter), up to 45dB; MM: 850/1300nm, 21/24dB
- Fault locating, fiber length/loss measurement, connector/ splice/ splitter/ macro bend/fiber-end detection
- Built-in PON Power Meter for Triple-play live measurement
- Optional Stabilized Laser Source, SM/MM Power Meter and VFL
- FTTx in-service testing/ Testing through splitter: (1625/1650nm with filter)
- Splitter & fiber-end identifiable
- Auto/Manual(2-point/5-point)/Averaging/Real-time test
- Pass/Fail assessment and ORL test function
- Quick start: <5 seconds
- Perfect user interface, handheld & lightweight (1kg)
- Hotkeys: Easiest operation in the world, push-and-test
- 1000 test records storage
- Bellcore file format (.sor)
- PC software for batch data processing
- USB/RS-232 data interface, driver-free
- Multiple languages: EN/DE/IT/FR/ES/PT/RU/KR/VN/CN etc.
- 8 hrs continuous operation/20 hrs standby
- Dust-shock proof (2mdrop test)
- CE, FCC, FDA certificates
The compact palmOTDR now offers even more testing capacities, flexibility and value with combination of 850/1300/1310/1490/1550/1625/1650nm (Mono/double/triple wavelength) OTDR, 1310/1490/1550nm PON Power Meter, Stabilized Laser Source and VFL. The OTDR wavelengths cover the applications of regular end-to-end fiber characterization (1310/1550nm), premise/enterprise LAN testing (850/1300nm), FTTx fiber link construction verification (1490nm) and PON live fiber troubleshooting (1625/1650nm with filter). The integrated PON Power Meter can perform in-service testing of all PON signals (1310/1490/1550nm) on any spot of the network featuring pass-through design and burst mode support. ShinewayTech's palmOTDR is your ultimate solution to meet various testing requirements of entire fiber network.
IN-SERVICE / LIVE FIBRE TESTING (1625/1650nm with filter)
LIVE OPTICAL SIGNAL CHECK
When an OTDR tests using 1310, 1490 or 1550nm wavelength, the live signals transmitting in the tested fibre may not only affect OTDR measurements but also damage the equipment connected to the network (SDH/WDM/PON) and OTDR receiver.
ShinewayTech's palmOTDR avoids the problem by starting an in-service communication check before testing - the message warning and auto termination functions effectively protecting test instruments and communications equipment.
OPTIONAL STABILISED LASER SOURCE
The stabilized Laser Source shares the palmOTDR optical port and works on the same working wavelength as the palmOTDR.
OPTIONAL OPTICAL POWER METER
- No warm-up
- Absolute power value and power loss measurement
- High accuracy, zero shift
- Power monitoring, high-low limit setting
- Reference setting
OTDR TRACEMANAGER SOFTWARE
TraceManager software can display, analyze and edit trace files, generate and print comprehensive test and analysis reports in various forms
- Trace viewing, events analysiS
- Multi traces comparison
- Batch editing and flexible printing
- Bidirectional testing (Optional)
- CSV/ASCII report formats
MODELS IN THE SERIES
Optical Options (for those applicable to each model variant, see below)
V=Visual Fault Locator/Visible Laser Diode; P=Optical Power Meter; S=Laser Source; I=Video Inspection Probe
|(Click for Details)||Range||(see note below)|
|1||SM||filtered 1625 or 1650||37||90-110|
|palmOTDR-P11C (V,S,I)||1||SM||filtered 1625 or 1650||37||90-110|
|2||SM||filtered 1625 or 1650||37||90-110|